Initiatives to Reduce - Reuse - Recycle
Prent is committed to the practice of “Reduce—Reuse—Recycle.” Our focus is on adopting and innovating: energy efficient operations, natural resource conservation, recycling and solid waste reduction. The following are just a few of our many initiatives:
Energy Efficient Operations
- To save resources, computer-monitored environmental heating, air conditioning and air exchange systems efficiently control the use of precious natural resources, in addition to controlling energy efficient lighting throughout all Prent facilities.
- We design, build and operate thermoforming equipment, which optimizes efficiencies wherever possible. Not only are Prent thermoformers cleaner and quieter, but they have dramatically reduced set-up time and electrical usage.
- We replaced all lights with T-5 hairpin fluorescent fixtures. They are providing our employees with better lighting and use less electricity than previous fixtures.
- We utilize motion sensor lighting and flat-screen computer monitors to save on electricity.
Natural Resource Conservation
- We conserve ground water by using a closed loop chiller system to cool production tooling.
- We recycle heat generated from air compressors and thermoformers back into our facilities during cold weather, thus saving natural gas.
- We have no unfavorable emissions affecting air quality and are often tested by accredited services.
- We separate and sell to local recycling companies all steel, stainless, aluminum, corrugate, newspapers, office paper and more.
- 99.99% of plastic entering our facilities worldwide leaves as either finished goods or recycled plastic sold back to suppliers or processors.
- 97% of all paper, wood and miscellaneous manufacturing outputs are reused or recycled.
- We’ve reduced waste going to landfills by more than 90% since 1990.
Hazardous Waste Reduction
- Prent produces no hazardous waste and does not use hazardous solvents in our production processes.
- All Prent packaging and packaging processes are RoHS compliant and contain no lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls, or polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
- Our CNC equipment uses only water-based disposable coolants.
- We use only latex wall paints, thus eliminating hazardous material associated with oil-based paint.
- We responsibly dispose of waste products such as light bulbs, batteries, light ballasts, computer equipment, and more through accredited waste/recycling disposal services.
- We use only green solvents and cleaning materials in maintenance and housekeeping.